By MSN NZ Money staff
Finance Minister Bill English has today delivered his second Budget for the government. Are you happy with how the money has been spent?
Key points to know from this year's Budget:
- All personal tax rates will be cut from October 1
- The GST will increase to 15 percent
- Landlords will no longer be able to claim depreciation on their rental properties in order to avoid paying the top tax rate
- Beneficiaries, students and Working for Families recipients will receive a 2.02 percent increase to compensate for higher GST
- $2.1 billion will be spent on health over the next four years
- Funding for schools will increase by $1.4 billion over the next four years
- A 10-year, $4.6 billion KiwiRail upgrade
What were you hoping for? Where should the government have allocated the money?
Have your say by commenting below.