By MSN NZ Money staff
Loving your holidays too much that you don't want to return to work? Then why not call in sick.
We've all had those days when we've really not wanted the weekend or holiday to end, so what are some of the best fail-safe excuses you can use?
Here are our favourites:
- You've got explosive diarrhea. An oldie but a goodie as most bosses will not dare question this. Just be prepared to get a medical certificate if required.
- Your child is sick so you need to stay home and care for them. Make sure you actually have kids before you use this one.
- For women with male bosses, the classic "it's that time of the month" trick never fails.
- Food poisoning. It was the dodgy prawn you ate last night out at dinner so you've been up vomiting all night.
- A sprained ankle. Just a warning when using this excuse: you'll need to remember to bring props the next day when you return to work. Ensure you have a bandage around your ankle and walk with a slight limp.
What is your favourite excuse when faking a sick day? What do you plan to tell your boss the next time you call in sick?